Through Renew My Church we are called to make disciples, build community, and inspire witness. For the benefit of individuals, families and communities served by our Church, we must seek new and creative ways to lead them closer to Christ and one another and to share the Gospel as a light to our world.
Archdiocesan guidelines for faith formation programming are designed to assist parish catechetical leaders as they answer the call to renew the Church of Jesus Christ and work toward continuing to build a stronger sense of community and missionary discipleship in their parish faith formation programs.
Operating Framework for the 2021/22 Program Year
Protecting the health and safety of our program participants, parish staff and volunteers while providing them with an excellent, in-person faith formation experience remain our priorities. Based on the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), consultation from our team of medical advisors, and our Archdiocesan COVID-19 Task Force, we plan a return to largely normal, pre-pandemic operations while maintaining select safety protocols to ensure a healthy, in-person environment. As with last year’s programming, we will continue to follow the same protocols set forth by the Archdiocese’s Office for Catholic Schools.
- RE-YM Operating Framework for the 2021/22 Program Year (English, Spanish, Polish)
- Letter to Families (English, Spanish, Polish)
- Family Pledge (English, Spanish, Polish)
Click here for more information related to children’s formation and religious education during the pandemic.
July 2021 UPDATE
Anticipated Safety Protocols for Fall Programming – Letter to Families As we prepare for the fall, please see the following letter to families in your religious education and youth ministries regarding anticipated safety protocols and operational guidance for the upcoming academic year. As with last year’s programming, we will continue to follow the same protocols set forth by the Archdiocese’s Office for Catholic Schools. Please share this letter (English, Spanish, Polish) with all families in your religious education and youth ministries. It is extremely important that all families are aware of the currently anticipated safety protocols for all child and youth programming.
May 2021 UPDATE
Please note the following important announcements regarding child and youth ministries in Fall 2021:
- As announced in ArchLink, parishes can plan for resumption of full enrollment and in-class programming next year with full observance of all mitigation requirements in place for in-class activities in our Archdiocesan schools. As we progress through the spring and summer and receive any changes to public health guidelines, the COVID Task Force of the archdiocese will provide any necessary guidance.
- As of now, parishes will not be required to partake in a health and safety certification process to reopen child and youth formation programming in the fall. As always, this guidance may be revised should a significant shift in the public safety situation necessitate that a certification process be re-instituted.
- Provided that all mitigation requirements can be followed by parish programs, Catholic schools are instructed to resume sharing any typically available classroom space that may have been restricted due to the pandemic. It is encouraged that preliminary discussions around sharing space take place now between school and parish staff and leadership, and that these discussions continue throughout the summer as programming guidelines are updated.