Director of Music and Liturgy – full time
Parish: St. Eugene Congregation
Location: Fox Point, WI (Archdiocese of Milwaukee)
Experience: 3-5 years minimum
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
- St. Eugene is a vibrant, community-oriented parish seeking an energetic, faith-filled pastoral musician to lead all liturgical and musical efforts for the parish.
- The Director of Music & Liturgy reports directly to the pastor and works closely with the rest of the Pastoral Staff and his/her counterpart at St. Monica Parish in Whitefish Bay.
- A practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church
- High level of skill playing both organ and piano, as well as singing/vocal training and conducting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, MS Publisher, Sibelius or Finale music editing software
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred in music or Pastoral Music
- 3-5 years experience in parish work
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills with a variety of age levels
- Leading the three standing parish choirs (Adult, 3-octave Handbell, and Children), Cantors, and Instrumentalists.
- Supervising volunteer coordinators for all liturgical ministries (including Art & Environment)
- Serving as principle musician for all parish liturgies, including planning and preparation of all music for said liturgies.
- Working with School for school masses and student cantors.
- Helping lead the Worship Committee
- Creating weekly/seasonal worship aids and ensuring copyright laws and reporting are followed
- Arranging music for ensembles as needed
- Creating weekly Prayers of the Faithful and any other Liturgical blessings or celebrations
- Ongoing formation of all music and liturgical ministers on a regular basis
Directions to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and at least two contrasting videos demonstrating musical skill to: Director of Music & Liturgy Search Committee - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions may be directed to Fr. Jerry Herda, email@example.com
About the Employer
St. Eugene is a suburban Milwaukee parish on the North Shore with around 1100 families, clustered
with a neighboring parish of similar size (sharing a pastor, associate pastor, and some staff).
Date Listed: February 2, 2017