Coordinator of Music – part time
St. Catherine of Siena-St. Lucy
Oak Park, IL 60302
Pastor: Fr. George Omwando
St. Catherine of Siena-St. Lucy is located in Oak Park, Illinois. The parish has approximately 500 member households, blending the city and suburbs, drawing from the west side neighborhoods of Chicago, Oak Park, River Forest, and beyond. St. Catherine-St. Lucy is known for its diversity and welcoming parishioners from different backgrounds.
We are looking to hire a Coordinator of Music who would be responsible for facilitating the musical worship life of the parish community by coordinating the activities delineated below:
- Select and prepare sacred music for all church liturgies including Sunday and Holy Day Masses, civil holidays, and special liturgies.
- Arrange for musical coverage for weekend Masses (accompanist and cantor).
- Prepare cantors for Sunday Mass.
- Work on sacramental celebrations in conjunction with school and religious education staff.
- Meet with grieving families and offer guidance with regard to music selections for funerals
- Meet with engaged couples to provide guidance in selection of sacred music for their wedding liturgies
- Prepare worship aids for Weekend Masses, Triduum, Christmas, etc.
- Assist in liturgy planning
- Demonstrate ability to play both piano and organ
- Demonstrate the ability to play instrument and sing at the same time when necessary.
There is also an interest in discussing potential candidate’s knowledge of technology as related to video streaming and YouTube.
For additional information, please contact Fr. George via email above. Please note that this position is open immediately upon qualification and it carries no benefits. Typically, at this time, the position covers 8-10 hours per week. There is no choir involvement during this time of COVID restrictions. Previous experience in participation and leading parish music ministry is mandatory.
Please send a resume and reference(s) from previous assignment(s) to the pastor.
Date listed: 11-30-20