Liturgical Resource Coordinator Officer of Divine Worship
Parish Vitality and Mission
Reports to: Director of the Office of Divine Worship
Direct Subordinates: None
The Liturgical Resource Coordinator implements the goals and plans of the Office of Divine Worship in alignment with the Renew My Church initiative. Assists in the development and coordination of printed materials, programmatic opportunities and resources for ministerial formation.
Duties and Responsabilities
- *Represents the Office of Divine Worship to further the ideals and vision of the liturgical apostolate.
- *Meets regularly with Office Director.
- *Insures that the Office of Divine Worship is guided by and accountable to the seven indicators for Mission Vitality which are integral to the Renew My Church initiative of the Archdiocese.
- *In collaboration with the Vicariate Parish Vitality Coordinators and the Vicariate Coordinators of Life Long Formation develops and implements goals and action plans that address issues of pastoral concern, taking into account the diversity of the Archdiocese.
- *Serves as a Liaison with Liturgy Training Publications in providing appropriate Archdiocesan resources, in Spanish and in English, for parish worship, particularly in regard to the initiatives of Renew My Church.
- *Builds and maintains relationships with pastors, parish administrators and other liturgical leaders, especially in the Spanish speaking communities, to assure programs are effective in meeting pastoral needs.
- Provides models and guidance in preparing multicultural liturgies, especially on the Archdiocesan level.
- *Assists Vicariates and the Consejo in developing and implementing programs for training liturgical ministers in Spanish for service in parishes and institutions of the Archdiocese.
- *Assists with coordination of Archdiocesan liturgical celebrations (i.e., Rites of Election, Chrism Mass, Episcopal ordinations, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned by Director
* Denotes essential functions of this position, in conjunction with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Requirements and Preferences
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Education Preferred: Background and Studies in related fields, e.g., Liturgy or Theology
Experience Required: 3+ years with coordination experience at the parish level. Must demonstrate understanding and support for Catholic Liturgy, Catholic Church teaching, missions and values
Experience Preferred: Significant experience in diocesan Worship Office
Skills Required: Ability to speak and write fluently in Spanish and in English
Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, strong project management skills and ability to implement programs, strong facilitation skills, ability to conduct open dialogue, excellent organizational skills , ability to relate at multiple ecclesial levels: parish, deanery, vicariate, Archdiocesan and departmental, strong Microsoft Office skills including Word and Power Point, strong decision making ability and exercising good judgment
Skills Preferred: Team Player with strong Conflict Resolution skills
Date Listed: 01-17