Director of Music Ministry – Full Time
St. Nicholas Parish
806 Ridge Avenue
St. Nicholas Parish, in Evanston, Illinois, is a diverse, dynamic, multi-ethnic community striving to be the Body of Christ in worship, in celebration, and in outreach. Active in issues of social justice, we treasure and nurture our liturgy as the source of and the nourishment for our actions in the world. We carry with us a long tradition of assembly singing and participation in the liturgy, and we embrace two principal language groups: English and Spanish.
- A bachelor’s in music, liturgy, or related area.
- Experience and formation in Catholic liturgy and music.
- Experience in choral direction.
- Strong piano skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in both English and Spanish liturgies.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish is preferred.
- We seek a Director of Music Ministry to journey with us to foster and support our liturgies, primarily by planning and providing music of diverse styles for weekend liturgies and sacramental celebrations
- Working with parish volunteers as cantors, choir members, and instrumental musicians.
- Collaborating with the parish staff and liturgy committee.
- Because we do not have an organ, we are looking for someone with strong piano skills in leading the singing assembly.
For a complete job description and application information, visit our website.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date Listed: March 15, 2017