Missionary Cooperation Plan
Each summer, the Global Mission Office facilitates opportunities for about 75 missionary communities to share their stories and invite support from participating parishes within the Archdiocese of Chicago. Eligible missionary dioceses, congregations, and organizations are invited to apply each year for participation. (For the webpage designed for archdiocesan parishes, go here.)
Guidelines for Acceptance
Missionary causes which maintain a committed presence within the Archdiocese of Chicago are eligible to participate 2 out every 3 years, with preference given to known partners and causes serving in local parishes or archdiocesan institutions. Missionary causes with no committed presence within the Archdiocese are eligible to participate every other year. Eligibility does not guarantee acceptance. Our office strives to distribute acceptance as evenly as possible between mission dioceses, congregations of men religious, congregations of women religious, and lay organizations.
Please note that these are general guidelines. Each application is subject to the discretion of the Global Mission Office, which considers factors such as language needs and specific requests from parishes, as well as the quality of past experience with causes which have previously participated or applied. Missionary causes that break the contract set in previous years will not be invited to participate in any future appeals.
The 2024 Online Application Form (link) is now available. Missionary groups seeking participation in summer 2024 must complete the online application before December 31, 2023. The Global Mission Office will only consider applicants that:
- Fill out the online application form in its entirety, which includes both the names and contact information of the appropriate authority and U.S. Contact.
- Upload an accompanying letter, signed by the appropriate authority, which communicates awareness of the application and introduces/authorizes the U.S. Contact.
US Contact Responsibilities The US contact represents the mission cause in all communications with the Global Mission Office of the Archdiocese of Chicago. Responsibilities include:
- Notifying missionaries when they are accepted into the MCP program,
- Updating missionaries on all processes and necessary documentation,
- Notifying missionaries of assigned parishes for appeals
- Serving as the primary contact for parishes to which your mission cause is assigned, and
- Verifying that funds are received by the mission cause.
If your US contact changes, please notify the Global Mission Office immediately.
2024 Online Application (link)
If your missionary group is unable to complete the online form and upload your supporting letter, please contact the Global Mission Office at 312.534.3322 or [email protected].