Instituto Nacional Pastoral Migratoria
INPM 2023 will bring together diocesan and pastoral leaders with the intention of:
- Sharing the PM formation program, best practices and an immersion experience for new dioceses.
- Providing continuous civic and pastoral formation on pertinent issues and a space for collaboration and visioning to revitalize the ministry (dioceses with PM).
- Introducing a new stage of our national ministry including new systems (communications, strategic plan, etc.).
The National Institute PM will be intensive, participative and immersive! Participants will awake to the rising sun over the shores of nearby Lake Michigan in Hyde Park neighborhood in Chicago’s South Side where religious orders (Claretian Missionaries, Maryknolls and Dominican Sisters) are providing lodging. Each day will include prayer and Mass. Morning, afternoon and evening sessions will include:
Theology of migration and Catholic social teaching.
- The development of PM in Chicago’s parishes and other dioceses.
- PM’s formation and leadership training program (for new dioceses).
- Site visits to PM parishes and to meet with collaborators.
- Opportunities to engage in PM’s Red Nacional (PM National Network).
- Sunday Mass and Commissioning of new PM leaders (where National Institute PM participants will also be presented with a Certificate of Completion).
The National Institute PM will begin at 2 p.m. on Thursday July 27, 2023, and run through noon on Sunday July 30, 2023. The Sunday schedule includes Sunday morning Mass.
Once an applicant has been accepted to the Instituto, a detailed program will be sent to all participants after June 5, 2023.
The total cost of the program is $300 per participant, which includes tuition, lodging and meals. Lodging includes a single bedroom with private bath (in some cases), for three (3) nights (July 27–29). Lodging is provided thanks to the generosity of the Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers, Claretian Missionaries: Claret House and the De La Salle Christian Brothers
Costs to and from Chicago and to Catholic Theological Union are not included. It is strongly encouraged that those using air travel make arrangements to fly into Midway Airport as it is closer to the site than O’Hare.
Please make your travel arrangements so as to arrive at CTU before 2 p.m. CDT on Thursday, July 27, 2023 and return after 12 p.m. noon CDT on Sunday, July 30, 2023.
Catholic Theological Union
5416 South Cornell Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60615
A free parking structure is located to the left of the building.
- Midway Airport: Located 15 miles from Catholic Theological Union. The rideshare pick-up site is located on the ground level outside of the baggage claim area.
- O’Hare Airport: Located 26 miles from Catholic Theological Union. The rideshare pick-up sites are located on the upper levels between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 and between Terminal 2 and Terminal 3, and the lower level of Terminal 5, exit door 5C.
- From the West: I-80 to I-55 to Lake Shore Drive-South—Exit 53rd Street—West to Cornell Avenue—Left to 5416 South Cornell Avenue
- From the North: I-90/94 to I-55 to Lake Shore Drive-South—Exit 53rd Street – West to Cornell Avenue—Left to 5416 South Cornell Avenue
- From the South: I-90/94—Exit 55th Street East to Cornell Avenue—Left to 5416 South Cornell Avenue
For more information or questions contact Raymundo Valdez at [email protected] or 773.619.1448.
Due to space considerations, we can only accept teams of 2-3 people. The following criteria are recommended for selection:
- New dioceses (without Pastoral Migratoria): Diocesan Director and/or Priest/Deacon of the parish interested in being a pilot parish of PM, lay leader with vision and commitment to initiate PM.
- Dioceses with Pastoral Migratoria: Diocesan Pastoral Companion, active parish lay leader with PM, Priest/Deacon/Parish Sister with PM.
Applications must be received by June 5, 2023 (details on payment information will be provided with the acceptance letter).