The certification and ongoing formation of parish catechists and Catholic school teachers is a long-standing tradition of the Archdiocese of Chicago. This tradition has allowed us to reach thousands of faithful disciples who have chosen to dedicate themselves to become certified catechists.
Called by Name, the archdiocesan catechist certification process, consists of three levels of formation:
- Answering the Call – Level I
- Witnessing the Call – Level II
- Inspiring the Call – Level III (Ongoing Formation)
The Certification Team assists parish catechetical leaders and school principals in guiding catechists and teachers through the process. The team also provides catechists and ministers with ongoing formation and certification opportunities that awaken the spirit, inspire hearts, and equips them with the necessary knowledge of the Catholic faith.
For more details regarding each level and a more comprehensive view of the process, please refer to the parish or school option.
- Contact your Parish Catechetical Leader or School Principal to get registered for the formation process
- Provide an email address
- If you were certified as catechist ins the past, provide any certificate or proof of completion of former catechist formation offered by the Archdiocese of Chicago (Fostering Faith or Pillars)
- Watch the videos for catechists or teachers (depending on your role) in the section Certification Resources