Laudato Si Week
Click here to read a message of hope and a call to action from Cardinal Blase J. Cupich.
Pope Francis invites Catholic communities around the world to celebrate Laudato Si’ Week from 16 to 24 May 2020.
The fifth anniversary of Laudato Si’ coincides with important events in the race to find solutions to the environmental crisis. Join the world in a moment of global prayer on Sunday, May 24th at 12pm. Visit here for more information.
Join the Archdiocese of Chicago as we mark the fifth anniversary of Pope Francis’s groundbreaking encyclical Laudato Si’. Each day, Monday through Friday, we will host a virtual presentation on Zoom that focuses on different facets of caring for our common home.
- Monday, May 18th Children's Sing-Along from 2 to 2:30 p.m. and Adult Concert from 2:45 to 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 19th Does Nature Need Cities?” with Iza Redlinski at 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 20th Catholic Relief Services Lunch & Learn with Beth Knobbe at 12 p.m.
- Thursday, May 21st Climate Change Solutions, an Interactive Presentation with Andy Panelli at 7 p.m.
- Friday, May 22nd Panel on the Environment and COVID-19 at 10 a.m..
Please click here to register for the Zoom meetings above.
Flyer for Laudato Si Week Speaker Series (link)
Laudato Si Summary & Action Steps from Catholic Climate Covenant (link)
Bulletin Inserts for Parishes (link)
Encyclical Discussion Guide (link)
Sign up to receive Daily Reflections from the USCCB (link)
Department of Justice, Peace, and Human Development (link)
Hope for Creation: A Digital Laudato Si Celebration (link)
Resources from Laudato Si Week (link)
Activities for Laudato Si Week (link)