“I was in jail and you visited me.”
This Gospel mandate compels all followers of Jesus to serve those who are incarcerated. Kolbe House has opportunities for individuals and parishes to join in the mission of Kolbe House. Read more about Kolbe House’s mission and this ministry’s positive impact in the Chicago Tribune.
We are in need of volunteers to prep, deliver, or underwrite the cost of meals for our twice monthly FAITH night – Families Affected by Incarceration Together in Hope. Help us create a warm, welcoming, and delicious meal for members of our community who have loved ones behind bars.
- In-jail minister facilitating prayer services and faith & life discussions (Training in April, weekly ministry beginning in May; Volunteers needed Tuesdays 11 am-1 pm)
- In-jail facilitator of “Houses of Healing” personal development program or book club (Shadowing any Tuesday or Thursday from now through May, eight-week-long weekly ministry during summer months)
- Telephone ministry with individuals on house arrest
- Food Pantry Manager (2-4 hours per week, scheduling flexible)
- Summer re-entry ministry (at least one half-day at Kolbe House per week on a regular schedule during the summer months)
Fill out a volunteer application today to begin a conversation with our volunteer coordinator!