Instituto Nacional Pastoral Migratoria
National Institute Pastoral Migratoria, 2023
Formation and Training for the Development of an Immigrant-Led Ministry of Service, Accompaniment and Justice in Parish Communities.
July 27 – 30, 2023
Catholic Theological Union
National Pastoral Migratoria (NPM) invites pastoral teams from other U.S. dioceses to participate in the National Institute Pastoral Migratoria (NIPM) that will be held July 27–30, 2023 at Catholic Theological Union (CTU) in Chicago, Illinois. Pastoral Migratoria (PM) is a 15-year-old parish-based, immigrant-to-immigrant ministry of the Archdiocese of Chicago which is being piloted in urban and rural communities in dioceses across the United States.
Please email [email protected] with any questions.
Click here for Registration package in English (Link)
Click here for registration package in Spanish (Link)
Presione Aqui Para Registrarse
This section will be updated regularly as new information becomes available.
INPM 2023 will bring together diocesan and pastoral leaders with the intention of:
- Sharing the PM formation program, best practices and an immersion experience for new dioceses.
- Providing continuous civic and pastoral formation on pertinent issues and a space for collaboration and visioning to revitalize the ministry (dioceses with PM).
- Introducing a new stage of our national ministry including new systems (communications, strategic plan, etc.).
The National Institute PM will be intensive, participative and immersive! Participants will awake to the rising sun over the shores of nearby Lake Michigan in Hyde Park neighborhood in Chicago’s South Side where religious orders (Claretian Missionaries, Maryknolls and Dominican Sisters) are providing lodging. Each day will include prayer and Mass. Morning, afternoon and evening sessions will include:
Theology of migration and Catholic social teaching.
- The development of PM in Chicago’s parishes and other dioceses.
- PM’s formation and leadership training program (for new dioceses).
- Site visits to PM parishes and to meet with collaborators.
- Opportunities to engage in PM’s Red Nacional (PM National Network).
- Sunday Mass and Commissioning of new PM leaders (where National Institute PM participants will also be presented with a Certificate of Completion).
The National Institute PM will begin at 2 p.m. on Thursday July 27, 2023, and run through noon on Sunday July 30, 2023. The Sunday schedule includes Sunday morning Mass.
Once an applicant has been accepted to the Instituto, a detailed program will be sent to all participants after June 5, 2023.
Due to space considerations, we can only accept teams of 2-3 people. The following criteria are recommended for selection:
- New dioceses (without Pastoral Migratoria): Diocesan Director and/or Priest/Deacon of the parish interested in being a pilot parish of PM, lay leader with vision and commitment to initiate PM.
- Dioceses with Pastoral Migratoria: Diocesan Pastoral Companion, active parish lay leader with PM, Priest/Deacon/Parish Sister with PM.
Applications must be received by June 5, 2023 (details on payment information will be provided with the acceptance letter).