Holy Fire Chicago
November 5 and 6, 2021
The Archdiocese of Chicago is excited to announce the return of Holy Fire! Holy Fire features engaging music, dynamic speakers and powerful moments of prayer, worship and community for young people in grades 6 through 9. This year, Holy Fire will feature a diverse lineup of speakers that help young people process and respond to the tumultuous events of 2020 and 2021 as missionary disciples.
Holy Fire occurs on two mirror programming days. Schools typically participate on Friday (November 5) and parishes on Saturday (November 6).
- Time: 9 - 11:30 a.m., followed by Mass
- See the bottom of the page for this year’s lineup
- Price: $10 per participant (scholarships available, apply when registering)
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Holy Fire 2021 will not take place at a single location but instead feature virtual content to be streamed at multiple parish and school sites across the Archdiocese of Chicago.
- Our live emcee will guide participants throughout the day to ensure an engaging experience with built-in breaks.
- While a virtual streaming option will be available for the concluding Mass, participating sites will also have the option of celebrating Mass locally on site (prevailing public health guidance permitting). If you intend to celebrate Mass at your parish or school, it is recommended that you reserve the worship space and a celebrant as soon as possible.
Holy Fire Leader’s Guide
This Leader’s Guide (English), now available in Spanish, includes activities, reflection questions, and faith conversation prompts for both preparation before the event and processing after the event. In addition, the Leader’s Guide provides additional information regarding what to do during Holy Fire itself. Using any or all of this material is optional.
Leader Training and Walk-Through
October 7 at 3 p.m.
A leader training will be offered by the Office of Lifelong Formation in partnership with Robert Feduccia, a speaker, retreat leader, and evangelist. This training is specifically designed to prepare parish and school leaders for accompanying their young people through a virtual Holy Fire this year, but can be attended by anyone hoping to learn more about making their virtual events an impactful and meaningful experience for their youth. The training will be held on Thursday, October 7 from 3 – 4 p.m. CST. Click here to register for this training. If you cannot attend the training but would like to receive a recording of the training, please also register.