Holy Fire Chicago
November 5th and 6th, 2021
The Archdiocese of Chicago is excited to announce the return of Holy Fire! Holy Fire features engaging music, dynamic speakers and powerful moments of prayer, worship and community for young people in grades 6 through 9. This year, Holy Fire will feature a diverse lineup of speakers that help young people process and respond to the tumultuous events of 2020 and 2021 as missionary disciples.
Please note the following important details regarding Holy Fire 2021:
- Holy Fire occurs on two mirror programming days. Schools typically participate on Friday (November 5th) and parishes on Saturday (November 6th).
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Holy Fire 2021 will not take place at a single location but instead feature virtual content to be streamed at multiple parish and school sites across the Archdiocese of Chicago.
- Where and how Holy Fire is experienced will depend on the public health situation and the then prevailing pandemic safety protocols. It is, however, strongly encouraged that parishes and schools reserve available gathering space on their campuses for November 5th and 6th to host Holy Fire participation.
- This year’s Holy Fire experience will be approximately 2.5 hours in length in the morning, followed by Mass. Our live emcee will guide participants throughout the day to ensure an engaging experience with built-in breaks.
- While a virtual streaming option will be available for the concluding Mass, participating sites will also have the option of celebrating Mass locally on site (prevailing public health guidance permitting). If you intend to celebrate Mass at your parish or school, it is recommended that you reserve the worship space and a celebrant as soon as possible.
More details on the Holy Fire 2021 experience, including the featured talent, will be available by June 1, 2021.