Governor Rauner signs the Responsible Jobs Creation Act (HB 690)
Congratulations to CCHD grantees Chicago Worker Collaborative, Latino Union, Arise Chicago, and Centro de Trabajadores Unidos on this victory!
This new law requires staffing agencies to…
- report demographic information about the workers they hire;
- never charge workers for background checks, drug tests, and credit checks;
- notify temp workers about the types of equipment, protective clothing and training needed to perform the job as a means to reduce workplace injuries;
- provide transportation back from a job site if transportation was provided to the job site; and
- place their temporary workers into permanent positions if such positions become open.
Click here to read more.
Parish Peace Project: Gage Park Peace March