XIII Annual Posada
Seeking Immigration Reform
Join the Immigration Ministry as we walk and pray in solidarity with our immigrant brothers and sister who – as the Holy Family sought a place to stay – are seeking legislative shelter.
The Posada is a re-enactment of Mary and Joseph’s search for a lodging in Bethlehem that takes place every year before Christmas. The 13th Annual Posada will journey to the following locations on the morning of Friday, December 14 from 7 – 9 a.m. All are welcome to join in celebration at St. Peter’s in the Loop at the end of the Posada where there will be refreshments, fellowship, and music.
*Please note that all times are approximate
- 7 a.m. — U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Building, 101 West Congress Parkway, Chicago, Illinois 60605 (Rosary in multiple languages, Gospel proclamation, and welcome)
- 7:40 a.m. — Chicago Metropolitan Correctional Center, 71 West Van Buren Street, Chicago, Illinois 60605 (Reflection on the penitentiary system)
- 8:05 a.m. — DePaul University Loop Campus, 1 East Jackson Boulevard, Chicago, Illinois 60604 (Reflection on DACA/DREAMers)
- 8:25 a.m. — Federal Plaza, South Dearborn Street, Chicago, Illinois 60604 (Reflection on needs for administrative relief)
- 8:45 a.m. – St. Peter’s in the Loop Church, 110 West Madison Street, Chicago, Illinois 60602 (Reflection, request for shelter, finally shelter granted—Mary and Joseph enter the church)